Taste of Harmony Day
Taste of Harmony is an annual event between the Metropolitan Fire Brigade and our Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) students. This event promotes fire awareness and knowledge of emergency services among migrant communities.
The students plan the event,develop and document the recipes and present them at the East Melbourne fire station. This year the students also presented their dishes to local government representives from Japan. The Japanese delegation is in Australia to investigate ways to improve involvement of multicultural community members in emergency response and management, particularly during disasters. The group identified the Taste of Harmony event and the collaboration between the Laverton Community Education Centre and MFB as a model for community engagement with emergency services.
A big thank you to all the students who participated and the MFB’s Multicultural Liaison Officers.
- Taste of Harmony Day
- Don't wait until 2018 to start your child care or aged care course. Enrol now!
- Introduction to Childcare
- Adult Learners Week Morning Tea
- Introduction to Early Childhood Education and Care
- Work Education starts at Laverton Community Hub
- Refugee Week
- Learning for Employment (LfE) Consortium